Monday, July 18, 2011

dealing with the bigger issues first....

Some confessions:
1) I drank Sat night. Alot. For a long time. I had a raging headache sunday morning.
2) I thought about lying, but what's the point of having a blog if I'm just going to pretend to be the perfect sober story.

In retrospect, it probably wasnt the brightest idea to visit my college buddies on day 3 of sobriety. I am going to move on though. Since starting thursday, yes, I failed on Sat. However, I have NOT hidden my drinking, nor drunk  alone. Personally, I think binge drinking is bad, but not nearly as bad as finishing a bottle by myself for no apparent reason. So, as long as I've stopped drinking alone (and hiding it), I'm going to consider this a success and march on.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for confessing. I always think about lying when I have relapses but can't ever do it! Just move on forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not drinking alone is a huge success. I started with the "I'm only going to drink with my husband or other people." then I was hiding it again. At least you can see how it will work.

    ReplyDelete