Friday, July 15, 2011

onto day 2!

Day one of sober-ness was not easy. However, one benefit of going through this more than once is that I was well aware that no matter what day I began, there were going to be challenges... may as well begin with the first hard day with the determination and novelty that comes with starting over.
The backdrop of why I've failed the past few months in solid soberness? I don't know. I'm a weak person. weak to alcohol at least. I guess there is a reason I am here.. and I probably should've figured it was coming since my father was a (very high-functioning) alcoholic. I am beginning to research a bit, and have found my anxious and independent personality goes right along with the tendency towards alcoholism.
I'm sure there will be more time to dive into the background of the whys and hows I 've failed. But last night, despite a party in our backyard (a birthday-- but with our neighbors, there's always a party with the kids running around in the driveway) with all the parents drinking beer. My husband opened one for me... and I just let it sit there until he decided to drink it. I was tired.... probably from the bottle of wine I polished off myself the night before. Woke up feeling good this am though.

1 comment:

  1. Today I begin my journey again with day one. Good job on day one!!

    ReplyDelete